Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An introduction to Japan

So, I totally am sitting in the most awesome room I've ever been in. Well, it used to be the dining room, but they've decorated it with Japanese art and wall hangings. And to top that off, I've got an amazing bed with red silk sheets. I'm so happy with this room, I'm seriously considering decorating my room at home like this. I'll have to upload some pictures when I get some time.

And, as always, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I got to make balloons for an entire group of Japanese high school children and I had a blast! It was great seeing the respect they showed the balloons and myself. I can't tell you how many pictures I had taken with me. I only though of it now, but I really wish I would have taken a picture with all of them before I left the final airport. I want to throw some of their pictures here on my blog. (I'll put up the ones I have when I have time over the next day or two.)

In Japan... So far, so good. I love it here. Granted... There are a few things I miss quite a bit in the states, but it is pretty awesome here as well.

I also ound out that my first official balloon gig is Saturday. So, wish me luck! In the meantime I'll be meeting locals, trying to learn the language, and taking as many pictures as I can.

No comments: