Saturday, July 26, 2008

My First Big Tip


Sometimes I wonder why I do my job. It can be crazy, stressful, and literally a pain in the neck.

But on some days, I’m reminded just how awesome my job really is.

When I first started out, I was working for tips in restaurants. So, the idea of a big tip was something that intrigued me. I assumed that I would have to be the most amazing artist in the world and I’d have to do something really great in order to get a big tip.

However, when I got my first $20 tip, it was for a balloon dog. I’m not talking about a cool looking dog either. I made him a single 260 balloon dog, with two ears, four legs, and a tail. It was nothing special, but the guy gave me a $20. I was floored.

It just goes to show that a big tip doesn’t always come from the big and extravagant balloons shapes. That was an eye opening experience for me and I hope that knowing that can help those that are out there understand the world that much better.

No comments: