Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Balloon Class

I had two people to train today. One was motivated. The other wasn't.

How can you inspire others to accomplish tasks?
What's the best way to lead a team or crew of artists or entertainers?
What would be a better way to prospect so that I can weed out anyone that may lack motivation?

I attended Riverside Military Academy in Gainseville, GA where I learned that motivation either comes from within or without. Some people just have the inner workings that keep them going, doing what it is they are supposed to do. Others, they just have to be poked and prodded until they do what they are supposed to.

We can't change others, but we can change ourselves. If we are constantly staying on the ball, keeping things moving, and inviting others to join with us while we work... then we may be able to share some of our own motivation to others.

Also, hang around self-driven, well motivated people. Surround yourself with excellence and you will become excellent yourself.

My goal today is to find the motivation to do something I don't usually do on my own. I am going to let someone else motivate me to do something and then I am going to go out of my way to finish something on my own.

Ha ha, and I've already got the first one figured out. My room mate just walked in and conveniently reminded me to pay the bills today.

Now, on to figuring out what I'm going to get up and do on my own...

No comments: