Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Kaizen Method


This was sent to me by Jimmy Leo today. Kaizen is a Japanese philosophy that resonates with my own personal philosophy of constant improvement. Due to that and the fact that I will be venturing to Japan in the coming months, I wanted to share it with you.

The Kaizen Method
The Kaizen Method focuses on small seemingly insignificant improvements that result in continuous and never ending improvement of life and work.
It is the ability to notice even very small improvements in ourselves and in others.

"Little by little, bit by bit, I'm improving each day"


This applies to every aspect of our lives.
As an entertainer, I am always looking to improve my show, my lines, the timing of a joke, and even my balloon sculptures themselves.

How do you eat an elephant?
-One bite at a time.

The same aplies here.

There was a poster on the front of my high school history classroom that means a lot to me. It was a picture of the great wall of China. Below it was written,

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

You are on a journey. Are you taking the route of improvement or are you taking the route of chaos and deterioration?

Take a bunch of little steps every day and eventually you will be able to look back on your life and you will see how so many little things can lead to such great success.

Writing to you from the heart,
Writing one post at a time,
Toward the goal,

Jonathan Fudge
Your Balloon Man

No comments: