Saturday, August 30, 2008

Keri Andrews Chronicles

king crown by me
Hello people! My name is Keri Andrews, and I'm a balloon addict.

"Hi Keri."

Yeah, so Jonathan asked me to contribute occasionally to his blog, seeing as how I've been doing this for 9 months and I need all the help I can get! I'm going to post occasionally about my experiences as an entertainer, in restaurants, busking with a line, and at parties. It should be fun! (I should probably mention that I'm the person in the pictures a few posts ago...)

So here we go! Post number 1!

OK, so I took Jonathan's busking classes at Diamond Jam, right? Well I have some notes from the class that I didn't really go over until recently. After having a somewhat crappy few days of tips, I decided that I was going to actually USE some of the info, primarily the approaches. (That's what you say to a table to get them to take a balloon.) Normally I get about 75% of people to say yes, they would like a balloon. Then about 10% of those don't tip. That's just how it's always been.

So then I take the information I got from Jonathan's class and put it into use...

I didn't get ONE "no"! Not one! In four hours!

I KNOW!!!

Not only that, but I got more than half of my tips in $5 bills. I ended up making way more than I make at any other restaurant, and I handed out TONS of cards! I'm so excited!

So there you have it. Jonathan Fudge = restaurant balloon teacher extraordinaire!

And he didn't even have to pay me to say it. :)

No comments: